Masala rice with fish fry recipe:
Masala rice Ingredients:
- · 1 ½ cup basmati rice.· 1 chopped tomato.· 2 table spoon onion paste.· 2 tea spoon ginger paste.· 2 tea spoon garlic paste.· 1 tea spoon cumin powder.· 1 tea spoon coriander powder.· ½ tea spoon red chili powder.· ½ tea spoon turmeric powder.· ¼ cup peas.· 3 cups of water or vegetable stock.· ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves.· 3 to 4 curry leaves.
- 1 large chopped onion.
- 1 potato cut in small cubes.
- · Oil· salt
Masala rice cooking method:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the curry leaves in it.Add the ginger past and saute till the raw smell of the ginger is gone.Now add the onion paste and saute for 1 minute or so,also add the garlic paste and saute the mixture.
- Now add cumin powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,red chili powder and stir fry till the oil separates from the spices.Now add the chopped tomato ,onion and fry for 1 minute.Wash the rice and mix it in the pan with the spice mix and saute for 2 minutes.Now add 3 cups of water or vegetable stock and the peas,potato cubes and let it cook in low heat till the rice is cooked to perfection. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with fried fish.(For the fish fry recipe click here).