Paneer Paratha Recipe:
Paneer Paratha Ingredients:
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cup whole-wheat flour.
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil.
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 1 cup grated paneer/Indian cottage cheese.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 3 to 4 green chilies finely chopped.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 table spoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
- oil for frying.
Paneer Paratha Method:
Dough Preparation :
- Sieve the flour with the salt and 1 table spoon oil.
- Add the refined oil and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough,as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside .
Filling Preparation :
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the finely chopped onions and green chilies till the onions become soft.
- Add the grated paneer(Indian cottage cheese),salt,turmeric powder,cumin powder and mix well.Fry in low to medium heat till the cauliflower become golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.Our stuffing for Paneer paratha is ready.
Making Paratha :
- Knead the dough again and divide the dough into equal parts and roll into smooth balls.
- Take a dough ball and flatten it by pressing. Place paneer mixture on it.
- Make it into a ball again.Seal the edges completely so that the paneer stuffing does not come out.
- Roll out the dough ball again into a circle.You can use flour to dust the surface where you will roll the paratha so that the paratha does not stick to the surface. Now your parathas are ready to be cooked.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and place the paratha on it,cook both sides equally,serve hot with yogurt or pudina chutney.