Moghlai Paratha Recipe:
Moghalai Paratha is a popular street food in Northern parts of India.It is a actually a type of stuffed paratha and usually eggs and potatoes are used for the stuffing.It goes really well with any curry dish.Traditionally the parathas are deep fried in hot vegetable oil or ghee,but now a days the healthy version of the parathas are shallow fried in vegetable oil.
Moghlai Paratha Ingredients:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour(Atta).
- 2 cups refined flour(Maida).
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 medium potato.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder.
Moghlai Paratha Method:
- In a mixing bowl mix the maida(whole wheat flour) and attta(refined flour).Seive the flour with little salt and 2 table spoon oil.Now add the milk and little water and knead to get a soft and smooth dough.Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Now peel the potato and cut it in small pieces.Boil the potato pieces till they become really soft.In another bowl beat the eggs with salt and black pepper.Mash the boiled potato pieces and in a pan saute the mased potato wit the finely copped onions for couple of minutes.Remove from at and let it cool. Once the mashed potato is in room temperature add it to the beaten eggs.Using a spoon mix the mashed potato with the egg.
- Now lets start rolling the parathas . Knead the dough again and ten divide it in equal portions and using your hands make round balls out of the dough portions . Dust your rolling stone with little flour and roll the dough ball into a 5" diameter circle.Now using a spoon spread the egg and potato mixture on the circle.Fold the sides of the circle to seal the egg mixture inside the paratha and give the paratha an envelope shape.Follow the same steps for the remaining dough balls.
- When I made these Moghlai parathas for the first time I could not fold it in a envelope shape so I spread the mashed potato and egg mixture in one half of the circle and then folded the other half on top of it to give it a half moon shape :).You can do the same and I can assure you that the taste is going to be the same.
- Heat oil in a pan and then sallow fry the parathas on both sides.Serve hot.