chitika

Sunday 1 September 2013

Jibe Goja (Bengali Sugar coated pastry) Recipe

Jibe Goja (Bengali Sugar coated pastry) Recipe:

Jibe Goja or Khaja Goja is every kids favorite.I still remember the days when I used to go to the fairs in our town with my father and he will buy these lovely Jibe Gojas for me and my younger sister.I always used to eat my portion really fast and then nag my sister to share her portion of Jibe Goja with me.Now that we have migrated from our old town I terribly miss those days and the local food.So my mother taught to me how to make those crispy Jibe Gojas at home.
It is a very simple yet delicious recipe.Make sure that the dough you knead is smooth and stiff .And also do not soak the fried jibe gojas in te sugar syrup for too long as then they will become soggy and will loose their crispness.

Jibe Goja Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all purpose flour(Maida).
  • 1 pinch baking powder.
  • 2 cup sugar.
  • 1 pinch salt.
  • 2 table spoon condensed milk.
  • water.
  • oil for deep frying.

Jibe Goja Method:

  1. In a mixing bowl mix the flour with salt,baking powder and condensed milk.Add water and knead it to get a smooth and stiff dough.Let it rest for 30 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile we will start making the sugar syrup.In a thick bottom vessel boil 1 cup of water.Once the water reaches the boiling temperature add t 2 cup sugar and keep stirring  till you get a tick and sticky sugar syrup.Remove from heat and keep aside.
  3. Now we will start rolling and frying the jibe goja .Divide the dough into equal portions and dust your rolling board with little flour .Now roll each portion of the dough to a thin circle.Fold the sides of the circle to give them the shape you want.Follow the same procedure for the remaining dough.
  4. Now heat oil for deep frying and fry the jibe gojas one by one.Soak the fried jibe goja in the semi hot sugar syrup that we already prepared for 5 to 10 minutes.
  5. Serve in room temperature.