Paneer Do Pyaza recipe:
Paneer Do Pyaza is a spicy Paneer(Indian cottage cheese) dish cooked in onion based gravy.It is one of my favorite paneer dish and as it has a thick gravy it goes really well with roti/paratha or naan.The panner is fried golden brown before adding it to the gravy which improves the flavor of the dish.As many people in India are Vegetarian paneer is an important source of protein for many of us :).So you will find many variations of paneer based dishes in India.Here is the full recipe:
Paneer Do Pyaza Ingredients:
- 250 grams paneer(Indian cottage cheese) cubs.
- 2 onions chopped.
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds.
- 1/2 tea spoon ginger paste.
- 1 tea spoon garlic paste.
- 4 tea spoon onion paste.
- 2 table spoon fresh cream.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper powder.
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 2 table spoon tomato puree.
Paneer Do Pyaza Method:
- Rub the paneer(Indian cottage cheese) cubes with salt and pepper and keep aside for 15 minutes.Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes till they become golden brown.Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Now in the remaining oil add the cumin seeds and once they start to crackle add the ginger and garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of the ginger is gone.Now also add the copped onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes,add the onion paste and tomato puree and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Now lets add the dry powdered spices(i.e turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder) and fry till the oil separates from the spices.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes and mix well,pour 1/2 cup warm water,salt and bring the curry to boil,add the fresh cream and cook till you get a thick gravy.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.