Egg omelette curry recipe:
Yesterday I was really busy doing house chores so I wanted to make a simple and quick dish for dinner.I had eggs stored in my refrigerator so I thought I would make egg curry but then boiling the eggs and removing the shells of the boiled eggs is a time consuming affair.As I wanted a fast and easy curry I came up with the idea of omelette curry.The final dish turned out great and so I am sharing this recipe with you all.Hopefully you will like it.Here is the detailed recipe:
Egg omelette curry Ingredients:
- 2 eggs.
- 2 table spoon chopped onions for omelette.
- 1 tea spoon chopped green chilies omelette.
- 1 chopped onion for the curry.
- 1 table spoon onion paste.
- 1 tea spoon ginger paste.
- 2 tea spoon garlic paste.
- 1 tea spoon tomato puree.
- 1/2 tea spoon haldi/turmeric powder.
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1 tea spoon coriander powder.
- 1 potato.
Egg omelette curry Method:
- We will start with making the omelette.Take a bowl and mix 1 table spoon chopped onion,1/2 tea spoon green chilies,salt with 1 egg and whisk.Heat oil in a pan and add the whisked egg in it.Don't stir and let the bottom of the egg set before flipping it.Cook the other side as well and remove from heat.Now follow the same steps to make another omelette using the other egg.
- Peel and slice the potato in pieces and marinate the potato slices with turmeric powder and salt.Shallow fry the potato slices till they become almost golden brown.Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add chopped onion,saute till they become soft,now add the ginger garlic paste,tomato puree and onion paste and saute for couple of minutes in medium heat.Add the turmeric powder,red chili powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and mix well.Stir fry till the oil separates from the spice mixture.Now add the fried potato slices and mix.Add 1/2 cup warm water ,salt and bring it to boil.Add the omelettes tat we made and let it simmer in low heat till you get your desired gravy consistency.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.