Chicken Pakora Recipe:
Pakoras are a traditional South Asian dish mainy popular in India,Bangladesh,Nepal,Pakistan and Srilanka .Chicken pokara is one of my husbands favorite snack and I often cook it for him.For the batter I use gram flour but I you can certainly use corn flour as well for the same purpose .Amchoor or dried mango powder is used as a souring agent in these pakoras and it can be found in most of the Asian grocery stores but in case you can't find it there don't use it.I like spicy food so I have used a little amount of red chili and cumin powder in the batter,but if you are not a big fan of spices do not add these spices :) .Traditionally chicken pakora is served hot as a snack or starter with mint Chutney.
Chicken Pakora Ingredients:
- 250 grams boneless chicken pieces.
- 4 table spoon gram flour or besan.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/4 tea spoon amchoor powder(Dried mango powder).
- 1 table spoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 table spoon curd.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 2 tea spoon garlic and ginger paste.
- oil for deep frying.
Chicken Pakora Method:
- Wash and marinate the boneless chicken cubes with salt,curd and ginger garlic paste and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now we will start making the batter for the pakoras,it is easy we just have to mix all the other ingredients(i.e gram flour or besan,eggs, red chili powder,cumin powder, amchoor powder,finely chopped coriander leaves,sugar and salt) except oil with water to form a thick ,smooth batter.
- Now dip the marinated chicken cubes in the batter and deep fry them till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with any chutney.