Chicken curry with mushrooms and broccoli is a quick,easy,healthy and tasty dish.This curry has two of my all time favorite ingredients i.e mushrooms and broccoli. Coconut milk gives this curry a creamy texture and richness.Coconut milk is not very difficult to make at home,for that we need 1 grated fresh coconut and 1 cup hot water.In a mixing bowl mix the grated coconut with the water ,stir well and let it cool in room temperature.Use a muslin cloth as a strainer and squeeze the coconut milk out.If you do not have any fresh coconut at home use the canned coconut milk :) .I used white button mushroom for this recipe as I love its earthy and nutty texture, you can alternatively use Shitake mushrooms as well.
Button mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin B-6 and Iron.Broccoli which is an edible green plant in the cabbage family is a very rich source of dietary fiber,minerals and antioxidants.They are also a great source of Vitamin C,Vitamin A and Vitamin B-6.I personally believe that broccoli is a super food as it is healthy,low in calories and tastes great:)I really like this chicken curry and make it at home regularly,hope you will like this recipe as much as I do and will enjoy it with your family and friends.happy Cooking and have a great weekend!!!
Chicken Curry with mushrooms Ingredients:
Ingredients for the red spice mix:
- 3 to 4 red chilies.
- 1 thumb size ginger piece.
- 2 onions.
- 2 tea spoon roasted cumin seeds.
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves.
- 1 tea spoon soy sauce.
- 1 tea spoon tomato sauce.
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1 tea spoon roasted coriander seeds.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 1 (1") cinnamon stick (break the cinnamon stick in small pieces as this way it will be easier to make a paste).
- 250 grams boneless chicken pieces.
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms.
- 6 to 7 broccoli florets.
- 2 large onions sliced.
- 2 table spoon tomato puree.
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk.
- 1/2 tea spoon lime juice.
Chicken Curry with Mushrooms Recipe:
- We will start with the spice mix for this curry.Blend all the ingredients listed under the "Ingredients for red spice mix" column with little water to get a smooth thick paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onions and saute till the onions are soft,now add the red spice mix that we prepared and saute till the oil separates from the spice mix.Add the boneless chicken pieces,sliced button mushrooms and stir fry the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.Now add the broccoli florets,tomato puree,coconut milk,salt,water and bring it to boil.Cook till the broccoli florets are tender and crispy.Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice
|Chicken Curry with mushrooms and broccoli|