Paneer pulao recipe:
Pulao is an Indian traditional rice dish.Vegetable pulao is very popular in north India and is cooked in almost every home, Paneer pulao is an extension of vegetable pulao in which paneer is added to increase the flavors. Enjoy Cooking!!!
Paneer pulao Ingredients:
- 250 grams paneer(Indian cottage cheese).
- 1 potato peeled and cut in small cubes.
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans.
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts.
- 2 to 3 green chilies chopped.
- 1 tea spoon finely chopped ginger.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 cup basmati rice.
- 4 cup water.
- 1 table spoon sugar.
- 4 cardamoms.
- 1(1") cinnamon stick.
- 1 bay leaf.
Paneer pulao Method:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer cubes till they turn golden brown.Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil fry the chopped green beans and potato cubes and keep aside.
- Now in another pan heat oil and add the cardamoms,bay leaf,cinnamon stick and fry for 1 minute,also add the chopped ginger and green chilies and fry for 30 secs,now add the rice and fry for 1 minute.Add 4 cups of water,sugar,turmeric powder and salt and let it boil.When the rice is half done add the fried green beans and potato cubes.
- Add the roasted peanuts and fried paneer(Indian cottage cheese) when the rice is almost done.Serve hot with any gravy based or curry dish.
Preparation time:30 to 35 minutes.