Paneer curry recipe:
Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is very popular in India and used extensively in sweets as well as in savory and main dishes . Panner can be made at home but now a days it is readily available in all grocery shops.In many vegetarian houses here in India paneer and lentils are the main source of protein.I love paneer and can eat it raw,the recipe that I am sharing today is a simple but yummy and is cooked in every home in the sub continent.It is less spicy and can be in the table in 15 to 20 minutes or under.
Paneer curry Ingredients:
- 200 grams Paneer cubes(Indian cottage cheese).
- 1 capsicum sliced.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric.
- 1 tea spoon red chili.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 2 onions sliced.
- 2 to 3 green chilies chopped.
- 1 tomato chopped.
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar(optional).
Paneer Curry cooking method:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer cubes till they become golden brown,keep aside.
- In remaining oil add the chopped green chilies,capsicum and onion slices and saute till the onion become soft.Also add the chopped tomato and fry for 30 secs.Now add turmeric powder,red chili powder,sugar(optional) and cumin powder and stir fry the mixture for 15 to 20 secs.
- Add 1 cup of hot water,salt and the fried paneer cubes and let it simmer in low heat till you get your desired consistency.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis or paratha.