Kumror Bora(Pumpkin Fritters) Recipe:
Kumror bora or pumpkin fritters is a popular Bengali starter.As a kid I used to love it so much that I would nag my mom to make it almost everyday.Make sure to cut the pumpkin in long thin slices and remove the skin.The batter needs to be smooth and thick.Enjoy Cooking !!
Kumror Bora Ingredients:
- Pumpkin cut in long thin flat pieces.
- 1/4 cup besan(Gram flour).
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 1/2 tea spoon black onion seeds(Kalonji/kalojeera).
- salt to taste.
Kumror Bora Method:
- Make a smooth batter using gram flour(Besan),black onion seeds,sugar,salt and little water.
- Wash and cut the pumpkin in long and thin flat pieces and marinate them with salt and turmeric powder.Dip the marinated pumpkin pieces one by one in the batter and deep fry them until they become golden brown on both sides.Serve hot.