Kacha Kela Kofta Curry Recipe:
Yesterday I cooked Kacha kela kofta(Raw banana kofta curry) which is a Bengali cuisine. The koftas are so yummy that sometimes I don't have the patience to prepare the curry and eat the koftas as a snack with sauce or chutney.In tropical countries bananas are available all the year and are one of the cheapest fruits.They are a good source vitamin B-6 , dietary fiber and also a moderate source of vitamin C.This recipe is simple and delicious.
Kacha Kela Kofta Ingredients:
- 4 raw bananas or kacha kela.
- 1 potato.
- 2 table spoon refined flour(Maida).
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots.
- 1 table spoon coriander leaves.
- 2 onions chopped.
- 1/2 tea spoon grated ginger.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 table spoon ghee.
Kacha Kela Kofta curry Method:
- Wash and peel the potato and boil the potato and raw bananas.Remove the skin of the boiled raw banana.Mash the banana and potato together,add 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder,refined flour,half of the chopped onions and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in equal portions and shape them into small balls.Heat oil for deep frying and fry the kofta balls and keep aside.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in a pan and the bay leaf , the grated ginger,saute till the raw smell of the ginger is gone.Now add the remaining chopped onions,carrots and fry till the onions become soft.
- Add the turmeric powder(1/2 tea spoon),red chili powder,cumin powder and stir fry for 20 secs,add 1 cup hot water and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes,add the deep fried kofta balls and cook the curry till you get your desired consistency.Add ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.