Corns are one of my favorite ingredients and many times I boil or roast corns at home ,season them with salt and pepper and enjoy the boiled or roasted corns as a tea time snack.Recently at a dinner invitation at one of my friends home I tasted this sweet corn curry with french beans and I liked it immediately,I got the recipe from her(Actually the credit for this recipe goes to my friends mother in law as she showed my friend how to make this curry) ,tried to make the curry at my place and it turned out really awesome .This sweet corn curry recipe is easy,healthy and mouth watering.If you can not find french beans at the local market use regular green beans .
Corns are low in saturated fat and cholesterol and are very good source of Vitamin B-6 , Iron and also one of the finest source of dietary fiber.I do not discard the water used for boiling the sweet corn kernels,but use this in the curry instead of plain warm water,this increases the flavors as well as the nutrition value of the curry.On the other hand french beans are a rich source of dietary fiber,Vitamin C and Vitamin A . Every 100 grams of french green beans only has 35 calories,so the beans are also a very good choice for you if you want to reduce some extra flab. I use french beans every time I make any type of pulao(Pilaf).So here is the full recipe ,hope that you will like it:)
Corn ,beans and potato curry Ingredients:
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn Kernels.
- french green beans.
- 1 carrot,peeled and cut in small pieces.
- 1 potato.
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves crushed.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 table spoon tomato puree.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 1/2 cup yogurt.
- 4 green chilies roughly chopped.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
Corn ,beans and potato curry Method:
- Wash peel and cut the potatoes in small cubes,fry them golden brown and keep aside.Also cut the french green beans in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan a pan and add the bay leaf ,green chilies and crushed garlic cloves and fry them for 20 secs.Add the french green beans and carrot pieces and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.Now add the turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder,sugar and saute for 30 secs.Add the fried potato cubes,boiled sweet corn kernels and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add yogurt,salt and 1 cup warm water and let it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or till you get your desired gravy consistency.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Corn,beans and carrot curry