chitika

Monday 15 July 2013

Badusha Recipe

Badusha Recipe:
Badusha

Badusha is a simple yet delicious sweet made in Indian homes during Diwali or other festivals.It is one of my favorite sweets and it is made using maida(refined flour),sooji dough dipped in sugar syrup.My mom used to make them during any Poojas at our home and I along with my sister and cousins would help her shape the badushas. But she wont let any of us fry the badushas as she was concerned that we might spill hot oil while frying and burn ourselves,the day I started cooking I always wanted to make them but could not as I was not sure about the recipe and the quantity of the ingredients required to make badushas.Finally I consulted my mom and my mother in law and prepared the badusas  at home,my in laws and husband were very impressed and that made my day:)I am sharing the same recipe with you all ,hope you will like it:)

Badusha Ingredients:

Ingredients for the dough:

  • 2 cups maida(Refined flour).
  • 1/2 sup sooji(semolina).
  • 1/2 cup curd.
  • 1 table spoon sugar.
  • 2 table spoon condensed milk.

Ingredients for the sugar syrup:

  • 1 cup sugar.
  • 1 1/2 cup water.
  • 1/4  tea spoon elaichi powder(Cardamom powder).

Other Ingredients:

  • Ghee or vegetable Oil for deep frying.

badusha Cooking process:

  • In a mixing bowl add the curd,sugar and condensed milk and mix well and sieve the maida and sooji with that mixture.
  • Now add little water and knead the mixture into a soft dough.let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Divide the dough in equal size balls,start shaping the badushas,you van give them any shape that you want ,I personally like the spiral  shape ,so I roll each ball into a 8 to 10 inch long rope and coil it from start to end to form a spiral shape.
  • Do the same for the remaining dough balls.
  • Now we will start making the sugar syrup .Add the water and sugar in a pan and bring it to boil.Once the water starts boiling turn the heat low and stir continuously till the sugar dissolves completely and the mixture is clear,this will take around 4 to 5 minutes.Now add the elaichi powder ,stir again and Keep aside the sugar syrup.
  • Heat oil or ghee for deep frying and fry each badusha coil till they become golden brown.Dip them in the sugar syrup immediately on both sides and let them soak the sugar syrup for 1 hour before serving.
    Badusha