Soybean Curry Recipe:
Soybean is a rich source of protein,so is a good choice for those who do not prefer meat or egg.It is low in cholesterol and sodium,and high in dietary fiber.100 grams of soybean only has 173 calories.Soybean curry is cooked all over India in different ways,but the spices that we use are almost the same.Curry leaves are also used to give flavor but in this recipe for a change I am not using them :),if you are a die hard fan of curry leaves,you can use it anyways.Try the recipe at home and I am sure you will like it .HaPpY CoOkInG :)
Soybean Curry Ingredients:
- 1 cup soybean.
- 2 small potatoes,cut in pieces.
- 1 large onion ,finely chopped.
- 2 teaspoon onion paste.
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste.
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste.
- 2 tomatoes,cut in pieces.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon ghee.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- salt to taste.
Soybean curry cooking method:
- Soak the soybean in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes before cooking.
- Fry the potatoes and soybean separately and keep aside.
- Now heat oil and saute the copped onion,onion paste,ginger paste,garlic paste,cumin powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,red chili powder till the oil separates from the spices.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the fried potatoes and soybean and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and let it cook till you get the desired consistency.Add the garam masala and ghee,mix well and remove from heat.Your soybean curry is now ready.
- Serve with roti or rice.