Patta(Cabbage) gobi ki sabji Recipe:
Cabbage or patta gobi as we call it in hindi is a good source of vitamin c and calcium.There are only 25 calories in 100 grams of cabbage.
Although I am not a big fan of cabbage,but I occasionally cook stir fried cabbage(Patta gobi ki sabji as we call it at home) with potatoes for dinner.
It is a healthy and easy recipe and takes about 20 to 25 minutes.I am using locally produced green cabbage for this recipe:)
Patta(cabbage) gobi sabji Ingredients:
- 1 small cabbage or patta gobi(400 grams).
- 2 potatoes.
- 1 onion chopped.
- 4 to 5 green chilies.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1 tea spoon grated ginger.
- 1/2 table spoon ghee.
Patta(cabbage) gobi sabji Cooking process:
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them in small cubes.Now heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes till they become golden brown.keep aside.
- Now wash the cabbage and finely chop it.Boil water in a pan and add the chopped cabbage/gobi,boil it for 2 to 3 minutes and drain the water.
- Now in a another pan heat 2 table spoon oil and add the bay leaf,green chilies,ginger paste and onions,stir fry till the onions become soft.Now add the turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder and saute the mixture for 30 secs..Also add the cabbage/gobi and mix well,you might want to sprinkle a little water so that the spices don't burn.Stir fry the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now place a lid on the pan and cook in low heat for 5 minutes.Add the potatoes and mix with the other ingredients.Add salt and keep cooking in low heat till the cabbage is done.Add ghee and remove from heat.gobi ki sabji is ready,serve with rice or roti.