Among all the pithas(Bengali sweet dish) patishapta is one of my favorite.I still remember the good old days when my mom used to make them during sankrati festival.It is easy to make ,some people use kheer for the filling ,but I prefer the coconut filling.Use non stick pan so that the batter does not stick to the pan while folding.Once you eat it you will surely love it.Enjoy... :)
Patishapta Ingredients for batter:
- 1 cup refined flour or maida.
- 1/2 cup sooji or semolina.
- 1 to 2 cup milk.
- Ghee or vegetable oil for shallow frying.
Patishapta Ingredients for the filling:
- 3 to 4 cups grated coconut.
- 6 table spoon sugar.
- 4 table spoon condensed milk.
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms.
Patishapta Cooking method:
Patishapta Filling preparation:
- In a mixing bowl mix the grated coconut,sugar and condensed milk.
- Heat a pan and stir fry the mixture in low flame till the mixture becomes sticky,now add the cardamoms and remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl make a smooth batter mixing the maida,sooji and milk.Keep aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease it with oil or ghee .
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the pan and Swirl the pan to spread the batter.
- Put the filling on top of it and roll it using a ladle.
- Cook the patishapta till the color is light brown.Serve hot or cold.