Gobi Paratha Ingredients:
Gobi Paratha Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cup whole-wheat flour.
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil.
Gobi Paratha Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 1 cup grated cauliflower.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 3 to 4 green chilies finely chopped.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 table spoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour for rolling.
- Oil or ghee for cooking.
Gobi Paratha Method:
Dough Preparation :
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Add the refined oil and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough,as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside .
Filling Preparation :
- Wash and grate the cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the finely chopped onions and green chilies till the onions become soft.
- Add the grated cauliflower,salt,turmeric powder,cumin powder and mix well.Fry in low to medium heat till the cauliflower become golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.Our stuffing for gobi paratha is ready.
Making Paratha :
- Knead the dough again and divide the dough into equal parts and roll into smooth balls.
- Take a dough ball and flatten it by pressing. Place cauliflower mixture on it.
- Make it into a ball again.Seal the edges completely so that cauliflower stuffing does not come out.
- Roll out the dough ball again into a circle.You can use flour to dust the surface where you will roll the paratha so that the paratha does not stick to the surface. Now your parathas are ready to be cooked.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and place the paratha on it,cook both sides equally,serve hot with yogurt or pudina chutney.