Echorer Dalna(Raw Jack fruit Curry) Ingredients:
- 500 grams Raw jack fruit.
- 2 potatoes.
- 2 to 3 dried chilies.
- 2 table spoon onion paste.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 3 to 4 green chilies,finely chopped.
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 3 crushed cardamom.
- 1(1") cinnamon stick.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- garam masala.
Echorer Dalna(Raw Jack fruit Curry) Cooking process:
- Wash and cut the raw jack fruit,this takes time,make sure to rub oil in your hands before you start to cut the jack fruit,this way the jack fruit will not stick to your hand.Now a days canned raw jack fruit is available in most of the supermarkets,if you can find it use it :)
- Now also peel,wash and cut the potatoes in small cubes.Marinate the potato cubes with salt and turmeric powder and then fry them till they become golden brown.
- Now in another pan heat 2 table spoon of oil,add bay leaf,cinnamon stick,dried red chilies,cardamoms,chopped onions,onion paste and stir fry till the onions become soft.
- Add the raw jack fruit and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.Now add cumin powder,coriander powder,red chili powder and turmeric powder,mix well.Sprinkle a little water and place a lid on the pan.Cook in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.Stir occasionally.
- Add the fried potatoes,1 cup of water and salt and bring it to boil.Cook till you get a thick gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala and ghee,mix and remove from heat.Your echorer dalna or Raw Jack Fruit Curry is now ready.Serve hot with rice.