Chire bhaja(Fried pressed rice) recipe:
Chire bhaja is a popular snack in eastern part of India and generally served with steaming cup of tea or chai .
It is easy to cook and hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare .Chire bhaja goes really well with roasted peanuts .
It does not take a lot of oil to fry the chire or pressed rice, I only used 1 table spoon oil for this recipe.It is crispy,crunchy and ideal as a rainy day snack.Hope you will enjoy it:)
Chire bhaja(Fried pressed rice) Ingredients:
- 1 cup chire(pressed rice).
- oil for frying.
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder.
- 1 chopped onion for garnishing.
Chire bhaja Cooking process:
- Heat oil in a kadhai or frying pan and stir fry the chire(Chiwda) or pressed rice till they become crisp and golden brown(make sure that the chire/chiwda does not become charred brown).Just before removing the fried chire from the pan add black pepper and salt and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped onion and serve wit tea.