Aloo Potoler/parval dalna Recipe:
Aloo patoler dalna is one of the common dishes that are cooked in Bengali homes . Potoler is easy to digest and can be consumed with plain rice or roti.
Parval/Potol can be easily found in the markets of eastern and northern parts of India,but if you can not find it in local markets,check the grocery section of any mall : ).
I have learned to cook potol bhaja/parval fry,doi potol,potol posto from my mother in law,who is an amazing cook.Today the recipe that I am sharing with you(i.e Aloo potoler dalna) that too I learned from my mom in law.
I used panch foron seeds to give the curry authentic Bengali touch ,but cumin seeds can also be used in place of panch foron seeds.Hope you will like it.....Enjoy cooking :)
Aloo Potoler/Parval dalna Ingredients:
- 4 potol/parval.
- 2 small potatoes.
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar(optional).
- 1 teaspoon panch foron seeds.(consists of fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal parts).
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 to 3 dry red chili.
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste.
- 1 table spoon ghee.
- Wash,peel and cut the potatoes and potol/parval in medium pieces . Now mix turmeric powder and salt with the potato and potol/parval pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potato ,parval/potol pieces separately.Keep aside.
- Heat oil again and add the panch foron,dry red chili and bay leaf.When the panch foron seeds start to crackle add the turmeric powder,cumin powder,ginger paste,red chili powder,sprinkle water and stir fry for 2 minutes.Also add sugar to caramelize .Adding sugar is optional,if you don't want sweetness in the curry don't add sugar :)
- Now add the fried potatoes and potol/parval ,mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt,place a lid and bring it to boil.
- Add ghee and remove from heat.Your potoler dalna is now ready.Serve with plain rice or roti.
Aloo potoler dalna
For More Dalna Recipe Please visit: