Muri Ghonto Recipe(Fish Head Curry):
Muri Ghonto Ingredients:
- 1 Rohu Fish Head(Rui or Katla macher muro).
- 3 tablespoon Atop/Gobindobhog Rice(If not available plain basmati will do)
- 2 medium potatoes cut in small cubes.
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger.
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 inch long cinnamon stick crushed.
- 3 to 4 cardamom crushed.
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- garam masala powder.
- 1 tablespoon ghee.
- oil for frying.
- salt to taste.
Muri Ghonto Preparation:
- Cut the muro(Fish head ) in half and marinate it with turmeric powder and salt,keep aside.
- wash the Atop/Gobindobhog Rice and keep aside.
- Prepare masala paste using garlic paste,red chili powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder.
- Heat oil and deep fry the muro(Fish head ) till they turn golden brown.keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and fry the Atop/Gobindobhog Rice (for around a minute)and keep aside,we need to fry the potato also.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in the pan and fry the bay leaf,crushed cinnamon stick,crushed cardamom for 30 secs,add the grated ginger and fry for another 30 secs
- Now also add the finely chopped onion in it and saute the mixture till the onion become soft.
- Put the masala mix that we prepared out of red chili powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,garlic paste and saute for 1 more minute .
- Now add the already fried rice in it and keep stirring for 30 secs in medium heat.
- Pour 2 cup of water in the pan,add salt to taste and bring it to boil,add the fried potato and let it simmer till the rice is almost cooked,now add the fried macher muro(Fish head) in the curry and boil it for 1 to 2 minute,using and spoon or spatula break the muro(Fish head) and cook the thick gravy for 1 to 2 minute in low heat.
- Add ghee and garam masala and mix,remove from heat,serve with rice.