Fish Curry with beans :
Fish Curry with Beans Ingredients :
- 2 Thick slices of fish(preferably rohu).
- 100 gms of beans.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 large onion paste.
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste.
- 2 small bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 2 medium potatoes.
- salt to taste.
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leave.
- oil to fry.
- Wash the fish fillets properly and marinate it with turmeric powder and salt.keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the beans and potatoes in small pieces as shown in the pictures.
- Heat 3 table spoon of oil in the pan and fry the fish fillet till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the fish from the pan once it is done and add 2 table spoon of oil in the pan.
- Stir fry the beans and potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes in medium heat and keep aside.
- Add 1 table spoon of oil in the pan and add the bay leaves and cumin seeds,once the cumin seeds star crackling and the ginger paste,stir fry it for few seconds and then add the onion paste,stir fry the mixture for 1 minute in medium heat.
- Now add the powdered spices(turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder) and put a little water in the pan to keep the spices from burning and keep stirring .
- Now also add the stir fried beans and potatoes and also the raw tomato cut in pieces in the spice mixture and fry them for couple of more seconds in medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it boil,add salt to taste.Once the the curry starts boiling put the fried fish fillet in it and let it cock for few minutes.garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.serve with rice.