Dal Fry Recipe:
- 1 cup masoor lentils.
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 onion paste.
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste.
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste.
- 3 to 4 green chilies finely chopped.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 tablespoon of oil.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste.
- Wash masoor lentils(masoor dal) and boil it ,the dal is boiled if you press one masoor lentils seed between your fingertips and it melts.
- Keep the boiled dal aside and heat 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan and add 1 bay leaf , chopped onion ,chopped green chilies in it.Fry it for 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Now add the garlic and ginger paste to the pan and fry for another 1 minute.Add the spice powder(cumin powder,red chili powder,turmeric powder) and fry the mixture for some more time.
- Add the boiled lentils in the pan and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes in medium heat,add salt to taste.
- Once the lentils is about to be done spread a pinch of garam masala in it,garnish with coriander leaves,serve hot with steamed rice.