Chicken tehri recipe:
Chicken tehri Ingredients:
- 3 to 4 green chillies ,partially slit.
- 2 onions finely chopped.
- 2 carrots chopped.
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower.
- 2 small potatoes chopped.
- 1/4 cup peas.
- 1 cup pulao rice(preferably basmati).
- 2 tablespoon onion paste.
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste.
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste.
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- 200 gms chicken cut in medium size cubes.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom.
- 1(1 inch) cinnamon stick.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 4 cups chicken stock.
- salt to taste.
Chicken tehri Ingredients for marination:
- 1/2 cup yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
Chicken tehri Cooking Method:
Chicken Tehri Marination process:
- marinate the chicken with yogurt and rest of the spices listed under the ingredients for marination column(i.e turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Chicken Tehri Cooking process:
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the carrots, potatoes,cauliflower and keep aside.
- Now heat oil again and add bay leaves,crushed cardamom,cinnamon stick and fry for 1 minute or so.Also add the ginger garlic paste and onion paste and saute the mixture for another 2 to 3 minutes.Now add the turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder and saute till the oil separates from the spices.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix well with the spice mixture.Place a lid on the pan and let it cook in its own juices for about 15 minutes.Remove the lid and when the chicken is 2/3 done remove it from heat.
- Now fry the basmati rice in another pan for 1 minute and add 2 cups of chicken stock along with the peas and bring it to boil.When the rice is 2/3 cooked first add the fried carrots,cauliflower and potatoes and mix well with the rice.
- Now add the chicken and mix well.Add rest of the chicken stock ,place a lid and cook till it is done.
- Meanwhile in another pan fry the finely chopped onions and the green chillies till they turn golden brown.
- Add the fried onions,chillies and garam masala to the Tehri and mix.Serve with any gravy based dish