Bharwa Karela(Stuffed Bitter Melon/Bitter Gourd) Recipe:
Bharwa Karela(Stuffed Bitter Melon/Bitter Gourd) Ingredients:
- 2 karela(Bitter Melon).
- 1 onion Chopped.
- 1/4 cup peanut.
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves.
- 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- salt to taste.
Bharwa Karela(Stuffed Bitter Melon/Bitter Gourd) stuffing preparation:
- Roast the peanut and crush them.We will also need the chopped onion and green chilies for the filling.
- Heat oil in the pan and fry the chopped onions and green chilies for 1 to 2 minute,till the onions turn golden brown.Now add the crushed peanuts to it and fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.The stuffing is ready,keep aside.
Bharwa karela stuffing
Bharwa Karela(Stuffed Bitter Melon/Bitter Gourd) Cooking Method:
- Wash the bitter melon or karelas and peel them.
- Slit the bitter melon or keralas using a sharp knife lengthwise and remove the seeds inside .Discard the seeds.
- Soak the karelas(Bitter gourd) in salted water for 1 hour,this will help in reducing the bitterness.Now wash the soaked karelas (Bitter gourd) again and boil them.Make sure that the karelas (Bitter gourd) do not become too soft because we are going to fry them later.Keep the boiled karelas (Bitter gourd) aside.
- Rub salt to the karelas (Bitter gourd) and fill them gently with the stuffing that we prepared.
- Heat oil and fry the stuffed karelas (Bitter gourd) till they turn golden brown.Your bharwa karela is ready.
Stuffed Bitter Melon