Bharwa baingan(Stuffed Eggplant/Brinjal curry) Recipe:
Bharwa Baigan(Stuffed Eggplant/Brinjal curry) Ingredients:
- 4 to 5 baby eggplant/brinjal/baigan.
- 1 onion paste.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 4 tablespoon grated coconut.
- 1/2 cup peanut.
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves.
- 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 1 tomato ,cut in pieces.
- salt to taste.
Bharwa Baigan(Stuffed Eggplant/Brinjal curry) stuffing preparation:
- roast the peanut and make a paste out of it.Take a bowl and mix the peanut paste with the grated coconut and onion paste.Add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Heat oil in the pan and fry the mixture that we prepared for 1 to 2 minute,,the stuffing is ready,keep aside.
- Remove the stalk of the eggplant/brinjal and slit it partially into quarters as shown in the picture.take care not to separate the segments completely.
- Now fill the eggplant slits with the stuffing about half the stuffing will remain,keep aside the remaining stuffing.
- Heat 4 tablespoon of oil and fry the stuffed eggplant gently till they are cooked from all sides.Remove from the pan.
- Now fry the finely chopped onion and green chilies in a pan till the onions become soft,add tomato pieces, red chili powder,turmeric powder, cumin powder in it and stir fry for 30 secs.
- Add the remaining stuffing mixture in the pan and mix everything together.add 1/2 cup water and the stuffed brinjal,cook till the eggplants are done,you might have to stir gently occasionally. Serve hot with roti or paratha.