Aloo Paneer Recipe:
- 250 gms of Paneer(Indian cottage cheese ).
- 2 to 3 small sized potatoes.
- 3 large onion finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 3 to 4 green chilies finely chopped.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Pinch of garam masala powder.
- salt to taste.
- Cut the paneer(Indian cottage cheese) and potatoes into small cubes
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes and paneer separately till they both turn golden brown.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan and put the bay leaf in the oil ,also add the chopped onion in the pan and fry it till it turns almost golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder and coriander powder in the pan and add a little bit of water also to keep the spices from burning and saute the spice mixture for 1 to 2 minute in medium heat.
- Now put the fried potatoes and paneer cubes in the pan and mix it with the spice mixture properly.
- Add 1 cup of water in the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes,add pinch of garam masala when the curry is almost done,serve with rice or chapati.